View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
April 29, 2017 @ 12:00 am PDT
Thank you for making our last Explorer Day and hike a success! Despite the rain, all enjoyed exploring the trail, finding items on the scavenger hunt and discovering the names of plants and animals in our beautiful forests.
We are planning a restoration project for our upcoming Explorer Day on April 29th. We’ll be planting riparian vegetation and learning the importance of maintaining a healthy riparian environment. An email will be sent out shortly with the location and time details.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.