View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
September 27, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm PDT
We’re excited to announce our collaboration with Alouette River Management Society’s (A.R.M.S.) September 27th Rivers Day in Maple Ridge!
We plan to choose an area along the Alouette River to clean up trash with tongs and bags and learn about how littering negatively effects the habitats of so many different creatures. We have not yet determined the location but it will likely be at or near Maple Ridge Park.
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 crises, this event must, unfortunately, be limited to only 4 families. This will allow us to keep our group relatively small and social distancing between families more successful.
The event will take place between 11am and 1pm.
Please rsvp as soon as you can to reserve a spot in this event with us and help us help the creatures of our river habitats.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.