View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
We are excited about an upcoming event February 16th. We will be partnering with KEEPS for an informative afternoon of Ravenous Raptors. Ever wonder why raptors are such great hunters? Find out at this Family Day event by chatting with naturalists around displays and a campfire at the Kanaka Creek Watershed Stewardship Center.
Date: February 16, 2020
Time: 1pm to 4pm
Location: Kanaka Creek Watershed Stewardship Centre – 11450 256th Street, Maple Ridge
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.