View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
October 13, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm PDT
Scales, Talons and Claws
We will be learning about salmon, aquatic invertebrates and other river-roaming wildlife. We plan to catch and release some fish for inspection and possibly even dissect a dead salmon or two. We are very excited to have been invited to join Kanaka Education and Environmental Partnership Society (K.E.E.P.S.) for this event.
The event will be from 11am until 3pm but NatureKids will be joining at noon. So you can come and go as it fits your schedule anytime between 11 and 3.
Location: This event is at the fish fence at the bottom of 240th street in Maple Ridge, 240th and Kanaka Creek Rd.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.