View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
Otter Home Learners
September 30, 2017 @ 1:20 am - 2:30 am PDT
On Saturday, September 23rd we will head out bright and early to the Iona Island Bird Observatory, where we will watch the pros at WildResearch capture and band birds along their fall migration route. We will meet at Iona Island (north of Sea Island, where YVR is located) at 8:20 a.m. There is a $1.00 cost per participant for this outing. No age restrictions. RSVP deadline: September 5, 2017.
Please RSVP here.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.