View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
Otter Home Learners
December 8, 2017 @ 2:00 am - 4:00 am PST
Fall is a special time at the George C. Reifel migratory Bird Sanctuary, as tens of thousands of migratory birds make their way through this important stopover point. Join us on Friday, December 8th at 10:00 a.m. for a guided walk through the sanctuary . We will start in the museum for a brief talk, and then walk the trails to see what we can find. This Explorer Day will last approximately 90 minutes, and you are welcome to bring a bagged lunch to stick around and enjoy. Cost: $1.50 for NatureKids, $2.50 for adults and siblings aged 2+ (please note that in addition to getting a guided tour, this is a 50% discount from regular sanctuary admission). Maximum 30 kids.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.