View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
BioBlitz! Wetland Planting in Aldergrove Regional Park
Come join as as we do some planting in a newly constructed wetland in the park. Metro Vancouver will provide tools (gloves, shovels, etc.) and refreshments (water, snacks, pizza.) The event will run rain or shine so participants should dress appropriately for the activity and weather. Site conditions will like be muddy. It is after all a wetland! As such, rubber boots or waterproof hiking boots are highly recommended.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.