View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
Orcas, Orcas Everywhere – Virtual Explorer Day
- 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
For this special session of RBCM @ Home (Summer), we are partnering with the well-loved Royal BC Museum to celebrate all things Orcas. We’ll explore the many different ways museums try to understand this amazing animal, while wondering about the many different parts of the world they roam. Hint- it’s a lot of ways, and a lot of parts of the world.
Our pod will have kids from across BC, so dive deep with us!
Space is limited, so we do ask you to RSVP soon.
Our team will send the session zoom link out by email to registered participants one hour before the event.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.