View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
November 4, 2017 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm PDT
It is that time of year for an amphibian road survey. We have seen many frogs and other amphibians hopping on our wet roads in the rain lately.
Make sure that you and your children are dressed for cool, wet weather. Safety procedures are important for this type of event and youth members will be given high visibility vests (adults should bring one if they have it, and everyone should wear bright, reflective clothing). The club has extra headlamps and flashlights on hand, but families are also encouraged to bring their own to ensure that there are enough.
We will meet at Hamilton Marsh
There is a small parking lot and lots of roadside parking.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.