View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
NORTH VANCOUVER – Beautiful Birds
- 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Join bird biologist Hana Hermanek to learn about local winter birds, and get ready for the winter bird count! The Bird Count has been running since 1900, and it’s the longest citizen science project in North America. This year, your family can take part!
Please get tickets for every member of your family that is attending.
This program will take place in person outdoors in Lynn Canyon Park. Masks are optional and preferred, and we will be doing a daily health check. Please stay home if you’re not feeling well.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.