View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
March 14, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm PDT
Restore the Outdoors
Visit the Seymour River Heritage Park to remove invasive plants and plant native species. More hands make light work and increase biodiversity. Learn about efforts to restore local plants, and connect with District of North Vancouver’s Trail and Habitat Coordinator.
Please bring work gloves if you have them.
The Seymour River Heritage Park is accessible through a trail behind the Thrive Family Centre across from Maplewood Farm.
Event attendees should be members of the Lynn Valley NatureKids club – sign up at naturekids.bc.ca. You are also welcome to try out one NatureKids event before you become a member.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.