View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
April 9, 2017 @ 1:00 pm PDT
Stinky Plants Explorer Day When: Sunday, April 9th
Where: Coldstream Cemetery
What’s happening: Harold Sellers will be leading us through Coldstream Cemetery. We will be looking for Skunk Cabbage! Why do plants like Skunk Cabbage and Ponderosa Pine smell? What do they smell like? Come this Sunday to find out!
Bring appropriate outdoor clothing and footwear. Please park along the side of the road so we leave spaces for others coming to the cemetery. We look forward to seeing you!
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.