View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
June 23, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm PDT
Lumby Vance Creek Ecological Reserve Picnic
Join us for a Sunday Picnic at the Lumby Vance Creek Ecological Reserve (formerly known as the Trinity Valley reserve). There is a covered seating area, a waterfall and trails to explore. We will enjoy a picnic lunch from 12-1 and explore, play games and make a craft from 1-3.
We encourage members to bring a guest free of charge! (We will have extra guest passes on hand).
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.