View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
May 26, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm PDT
Pond dipping, as requested by our members! Join us for an afternoon of pond dipping and insect catching! We will explore what the Fulton Secondary School march has to offer.
Where: Behind Fulton Secondary School
Extras: Wear a good pair of boots if you want to go in at the edge of the marsh, wear clothes that can get dirty and smelly. If you have any extra pairs of dipping nets, buckets, bug containers, feel free to bring them. Everything we catch will be treated gently and returned before the end of our visit. Please avoid having sunscreen/lotion on hands that could affect the critters we catch.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.