View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
April 14, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm PDT
This month we will be joining forces with the North Okanagan Naturalist’s Club to clean up the stream we’ve adopted! We’ll use our superpowers to help bring the stream back to it’s natural condition!
Where: The dead-end of 20th street behind Rona
NOTE: RDNO has requested that children are aged 10+ for this event this year. We will be supplied with trash bags, gloves, pick-up sticks and vests! Jennifer Miles, the co-ordinator for the Adopt-a-Stream program, will meet us and train us for our clean up mission.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.