View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
January 20, 2019 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm PST
Super Blood Moon viewing!
This month we have a special meeting – still on a Sunday but in the evening. We will be meeting at the Coldstream Cemetary parking lot to watch for the super blood moon! If the gate is closed, we will park along the road and walk in. Should it be cloudy, we have other fun activities planned (fingers crossed we have a clear night!).
If every child could bring a clean tin can and dress WARMLY that would be wonderful. Bonus if you can bring the other materials (hammer, red flashlight, etc). We have a volunteer bringing one or two telescopes for us to use. If you have your own please bring it!
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.