View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
This Sunday is Earth Day! We are celebrating by observing the Great Blue Herons who have returned to their rookery. Join us to observe the herons from the Okanagan Spirits parking lot. We’ll have a naturalist from the North Okanagan Naturalist’s Club bring a couple of scopes for us to use. If you have your own binoculars please bring them. We also have some binoculars to borrow. Expect some games as well!
Where: Okanagan Spirits Parking Lot
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.