View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
NICOMEKL – Tree Planting with the City of Surrey
- 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Tree Planting with the City of Surrey
The planting session is approximately 1 hour long. We recommend that participants bring a mask to wear at times when physical distancing may be difficult and that individuals stay home if they have any symptoms of illness or have been advised to self-isolate. Participants will be responsible for bringing their own water and should wear closed-toe shoes and dress for the weather. All other equipment and instruction will be provided by City of Surrey staff. We will be planting a mix of shrubs and trees.
To register, please send us an email that includes the names of all family members that plan to attend.
Date: Saturday, October 23
Location: Chantrell Creek Park (13741 24 avenue)
Participants: max 30
Parking: Park in the elementary school parking lot
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.