View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
September 1, 2017 @ 12:00 am PDT
Friday, Sept. 1 – Monday, Sept. 4, 2017 NICOMEKL LONG WEEKEND CAMP
Location: Lone Duck Group Site 1 on Lightning Lake at Manning Park
Join us for our annual summer weekend camp! It will be for 3 nights, with nature hikes, pond dipping, nature games, nature arts & crafts, botany, swimming, canoeing (optional – cost is extra), night walks, etc. Families bring their own tent, RV or tent trailer, plus sleeping bags, camp stove, food, etc.
Subsidized cost is $35 per family. NOTE: Minimum age at this camp is 5 – no younger siblings. ALSO NOTE: Space is limited – register by email early if you want to come. Once registration is full, we will start a waiting list.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.