View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Farm Visit to the Hazelmere Pumpkin Patch
A behind the scenes farm visit to meet the goats, pigs, ducks, rabbits, and chickens of Hazelmere Pumpkin Patch Farm. We’ll meet Farmer Shari and learn how to take care of them all and the chores needed to keep the farm running. There might even be a new baby goat! Dress for the weather and wear your boots. $5.00 per child (accompanying adults are free).
Location: Hazelmere Pumpkin Patch Farm – 18401 20 Ave Surrey.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.