View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- 10:20 am - 12:00 pm
We will be hunting for agates with rock hounder Trevor Christie!
Gumboots are not required but please wear firm-soled shoes as “it can get tough on the feet walking on the rocks after a while”. Dress for the weather – this event will happen rain or shine – and bring a lunch and/or snacks & drinks.
Location: Gill Bar on the Fraser River, near Rosedale (east of Chilliwack). Meet at the Rosedale Traditional School at 50850 Yale Road, which is not far from the Annis Road exit off Hwy 1.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.