View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
March 26, 2017 @ 2:00 pm PDT
Dinosaur Plants Sunday, March 26, 2016, 2:00pm
Location: Redwood Park, 17900 20 Avenue, Surrey
Can you spot the living fossils in Redwood Park? Join us to learn about some of the plants that have survived since dinosaurs roamed the earth, and search for modern feathered dinosaurs too! The entrance to the parking lot is on the south side of 20 Ave, between 176 St. and 180 St. Meet in the paved parking lot.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.