View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
February 11, 2017 @ 9:00 am PST
Snowshoe Hike Saturday February 11, 9:00am
Location: Mt Seymour
Amelia will lead us on a snowshoe hike through the BC Parks snowshoe trails on Mt. Seymour while building our winter wildlife knowledge.
*Stamina and good attitude required to keep up with our group. No younger siblings on foot please. SPACE LIMITED: register early with the number of adults and children attending. Once spaces are full, we will start a waiting list. Please bring your own snow shoes. MEC provides daily snow shoe rentals (adults $15, children $10; https://www.mec.ca/en/explore/gear-rentals) which can be picked up from 3pm the day before the rental, please call ahead to reserve. Refer to email for meeting details..
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.