View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
NELSON – Tree Planting Party!
- 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Tree Planting Party!
We are happy to welcome back the foresters from Interfor for a tree planting party! We will learn more about how our local forests are managed and what types of trees grow in different habitats. Then we’ll hand out the shovels and start planting! Can we beat last year’s number of trees planted?
We will finish up the event with a fire and a free lunch.
RSVP by September 30th so that we will know how much food to bring.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.