View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
October 13, 2017 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm PDT
We will meet at Taghum Hall on October 13th for an evening of space exploration. We will be joined by Wayne Holmes who will share a special presentation with our group. Weather permitting, we will head outside once it’s dark enough and use telescopes to view the night sky.
Taghum Hall is a great space and we will have some tables set up. There will be warm drinks and everyone is invited to bring a snack to share (not required!). Plenty of space for little ones to get up and move as well, inside and on the lovely big deck. Here’s more info on the venue: http://taghumhall.ca/
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.