View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
September 24, 2017 @ 3:00 am - 5:00 am PDT
On Sunday September 24 from 10-12 please join Naturekids Nelson to celebrate National Forest Week! We will go for a walk in the forest at Kokanee Creek Provincial Park with Marley Chewter, professional forester, and learn about the ecology and natural history of the area. We will think about “what does the forest mean to you?” and draw some of our ideas. We’ll also learn about what it’s like to work as a forester, and try out some tools of the trade! There will be baby trees to take home so you can plant one and watch it grow. Meet at the Nature Centre parking lot at 10am. Please RSVP with your club leader firstname.lastname@example.org
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.