View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
20th Anniversary Tree Planting
NatureKids is celebrating 20 years of connecting families with nature in communities across BC, and we are celebrating by giving back. Join us for a fun afternoon of learning about our local forests and planting trees!
When: October 23rd (this is a Pro-D day in SD8 and SD20). Meet at 130pm.
Where: I’ll be sending out a map and directions closer to the date, but we’ll be about 2km up Giveout Creek Rd, which is near Cottonwood Lake.
Staff from Interfor will be joining us to help plant the trees and teach us about how our forests are managed. We’ll have other games and activities as well. We might even be able to have a fire. More details to follow.
Due to covid, registration will be limited. We’ll of course have plenty of space to spread out. Masks are welcome and any shared tools will be sanitized. Any questions let me know, I can send you our current covid safety policy. Feeling unwell? Please stay home.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.