View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
July 19, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm PDT
Duck Bay Discovery
Let’s get to know wetlands right here in Nelson! Duck Bay is the site of a great wetland building project that keeps our waters cleaner and provides habitat for many species of plants and animals. Join NatureKids and Friends of Kootenay Lake for a fun morning of wetland education. We’ll also help clean up the shoreline. Meet at the covered picnic area next to Duck Bay, located between the Lakeside Park playing fields and the mall.
We will provide hand sanitizer and gloves for the shoreline cleanup. Families are encouraged to spread out and maintain social distancing. We will be outdoors, in an open area.
For questions or to register email email@example.com
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.