View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Our first event for 2020 is our ever popular snowshoeing adventure! Once again led by fabulous environmental educator Shanoon Bennett, we’ll step off the trail and into the forest to search for animal tracks, find tasty snacks, and learn about how animals survive all winter long.
All equipment is provided for kids, but there are a limited number of adult snowshoes so please bring your own if you have them. Lighter adults can use the kids snowshoes. This event is suitable for kids aged 4 and up. You’re welcome to bring younger ones but please be prepared to carry them. You won’t be able to tow a sled. Thanks to a grant from the RDCK, this event is free to attend!
Please register for this event HERE .
Location: Meet at the Busk cross country ski area. Heading from Nelson towards Salmo, the turnoff to Busk is one road PAST the road to Whitewater. I’ll send out a map closer to the date, along with a form to sign up. Space will be limited for this event. Priority will be to current club members, with non members welcome if there is room.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.