View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
June 16, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm PDT
Blooms and Bees
Our nature mentor this month is Valerie Huff of the Kootenay Native Plant Society. We will learn about the native plants that grow in our area and use the ever-popular “bug vacuum” to catch native pollinators to investigate! We’ll also learn about what plants we can grow in our own backyards to support our local pollinators.
We will meet in Nelson at the mountain station parking area at 1pm, and we will walk along the rail trail.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.