View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
We are pleased to welcome Judith Robertson as our Nature Mentor next month. Judith is a trained Teacher and Art Therapist. She has 25+ years of Outdoor Education with youth, and currently is a staff trainer for Outward Bound Instructors leading wilderness expeditions. She is also an Art Therapist and runs nature based workshops for adults and children on her land through her private practice “Inspiring Horizons”.
We’ll meet at 1pm on February 16th at Judith’s property on Heddle Road. Directions will be sent out closer to the date. Judith is working on a plan for what we will do together but it will be sure to include lots of forest exploration. We may be able to have a bonfire.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.