View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
February 24, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm PST
This month we’re getting out our binoculars to do some birding! We’ll be collecting data on bird abundance and distribution to submit to the Great Backyard Bird Count. Our Nature Mentor this month is Elaine Moore, an experienced birder who will help us to find and identify birds and learn more about how to keep our neighbourhood feathered friends happy and healthy in the winter. We’ll be focusing on ducks, as they are a great way for kids to start learning about different types of birds (easy to see and relatively easy to identify).
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.