View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
January 27, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm PST
This event is scheduled for January 27th at 1pm. We will meet at Camp Busk (directions to come). It should last about 2 hours. Snowshoes are provided for the kids. Shanoon suggests that kids be at least 4 years old before attempting to snowshoe. You know your child best, so please use your judgment as to whether or not your child can participate. If parents wish to bring younger siblings along, that’s fine provided you are prepared to transport them. We will be walking at a leisurely pace.
As with all NatureKids events, parental participation is required. There are a limited number of adult sized snowshoes available to borrow. If anyone has an extra set of adult snowshoes that they would be willing to lend out, please let us know so we can make sure everyone who wishes to come has enough gear. Please indicate your snowshoe needs on the registration form (to come).
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.