View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
NatureKids BC and the Elders Council for Parks in BC are hosting an interactive puppet show, “The Adventures of Cheetwoot the
Bear.” The show is designed to help children learn about the natural diet and behavior of bears, and the importance of preventing bears from entering our communities. Set in the past on Mount Seymour, Willie the Wolf warns Cheetwoot to stay away from humans, but despite the teachings Cheetwoot received from his mother on how to find natural food in the forest, he can’t resist the smell of a human’s huckleberry pie.
Suitable for children age 3-7; all children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. The show will be followed by a bear food scavenger hunt outside. Please feel free to bring snacks for your children or grandchildren.
RVSP to email@example.com. Space is limited.
Location: 1620 Mount Seymour Road, North Vancouver.
Sponsored by the Elders Council for Parks with CD Music by the North Shore Celtic Ensemble.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.