View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
NatureKids BC 2021 AGM
June 22 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm PDT
The 15th Annual General Meeting of NatureKids BC will be held virtually on Tuesday, June 22, 2020 at 07:00pm. Please RSVP to email@example.com to receive Zoom meeting invitation details by email.
We will have an amazing keynote speaker, Dr. Mariana Brussoni, who will chat with us about what is outdoor/risky play and why it’s important.
At the business part of the meeting, the President’s and Treasurer’s reports will be presented for approval. The Governance Committee of the Board of Directors will present the updated roster of recommended nominated candidates for election to the Board of Directors for 2021-2022.
AGM Business Agenda:
- Welcome and Call to order
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of the minutes of the 14th Annual General Meeting held on July 08, 2020
- President’s Report – Leslie Bol
- Executive Director’s Report – Rebecca Clapperton Law
- Treasurer’s Report – Alex Grant
- Receive and approve the financial statements for the year end December 31, 2020
- Election of the NatureKids BC Board of Directors for 2021-2022
- Other Business
SPECIAL NOTE: The financial statements and draft minutes of the 2020 AGM will be posted on the website publications page for member appraisal by June 15, 2020 and we ask that members refer to these statements in advance and during the online meeting should they have any questions, concerns or comments.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.