View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
NANAIMO – Ecosystem Adventure
- 9:30 am - 11:00 am
Join us for a fun filled morning of games and activities. We will play some games (name game, eco-tag, possibly hug a tree, possibly unnatural hike), hike around the lake learning to observe the environment, collect and identify creatures in the pond (macroinvertebrates, only collecting temporarily, releasing back into the wild after), possibly discuss health of pond based on what we identify (PTI). Will bring more activities than needed and will gear based on ages, energy levels, etc.
Location: Linley Valley Cottle Lake Park
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.