View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
March 22, 2017 @ 1:00 pm PDT
Nature Walk with the Immigrant Welcome Centre Youth ClubWhen: Wednesday March 22nd at 1pm
Where: Neckpoint Park
What: What could be more fun than showing a new friend all the plants and animals that you love while on a nature walk through Neck Point Park? The Immigrant Welcome Centre youth club is a club for newly immigrated youth (12 – 18 years) from around the world who want to learn about all that Nanaimo has to offer. On this nature walk we will discuss important trail safety skills as well as show them some local plants and other wildlife!
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.