View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
October 6, 2019 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm PDT
Englishman River Park Nature Walk
Join us for in Englishman River Park for a nature walk. We will be walking along the trail that gives us a good view of the side channel to see if there are any salmon arrived yet for spawning, and learning a bit about the salmon life cycle. We will also be learning about tree identification through leaf characteristics (shape, arrangement, margins and venation patterns) using some materials that I will bring and what we can find on our exploration.
If you have a guidebook on trees, feel free to bring it. If you have a nature sketchbook and some pencils or crayons to make drawings or rubbings, that would be great. Dress for the weather, the trails can be muddy.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.