View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
January 27, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm PST
Exploring our New Home
We are excited to explore a new location that has been generously offered to our club for use every last Sunday of each month! Our first gathering on this land will be Sunday 27th January from 1pm to 3pm where we will explore the area and discover what it has to offer, what types of trees and plants grow there and what types of animals may be using it as their home. There is also a great space to create a fire pit and large open spaces we can use to run around and play games, as well as a treed area we can explore and build shelters in. We will be running this event rain or shine so don’t forget to dress for the weather:)
Location: The property is on Dumont road opposite Pleasant Valley hall
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.