View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Ways Of The Wild
Join us for our next Explorer Day. Sarah Dafoe, our new club leader will lead. We’ll use song and games to help to learn each others names, learn of the relationship between the Wolf and Raven, make cordage and find discover our nature names!
We are diversifying this next explorer day a little by drawing from the 8Shields Model that honors natural cycles and ancient mentoring practices, through storytelling, music, adventure, games, and wilderness skills.
Location: Linely Valley meadow, accessed via the Rock City Road entrance. Follow the stairs down and continue along the path to the first clearing!
We will be running a round a little and also sitting on the grass so please dress for the weather, wear rain pants and good footwear.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.