View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
March 4, 2017 @ 9:00 am PST
Owling Explorer dayWhen: Saturday March 04th at 9 AM
Where: Colliery Dam Park (meet at 6th Street Parking Area)
What: Lets learn more about the different kinds of owls that live on Vancouver Island! With a crew of very experienced and knowledgable bird enthusiasts and professional biologists – Eric Demers, Karen Barry, Tanya Seebacher, Pablo Jost and Kim Wetten, we will learn about the habits and calls of these elusive and mysterious birds. Learn their calls, and cross your fingers that we can actually spot one or two! This is an activity geared more to older children (7 or 8 +) but parents can use their discretion as to whether they think their younger child will enjoy this kind of activity.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.