View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
May 27, 2018
Bat conservation and Stewardship and Park Exploration
Bat conservation and stewardship and Park exploration. NatureKids is partnering with the Nature Conservancy and the Regional District of Nanaimo to establish a bat stewardship project in Moorecroft park. Help us to erect a bat box near to the park’s wetland and learn more about the kinds of bats that live in the area, about a bat’s life cycle, diet etc with biologist Trudy Chatwin. The long term plan is to carry out bat counts with our partners to learn more about the bats that call Moorecroft park their home (at least during spring and summer).
Location: Moorecroft Park
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.