View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
January 1, 1970 @ 12:00 am PST
What is a bioblitz you ask? A BioBlitz is an intense, 24-hour census of wildlife populations in a given area. In last year’s bioblitz in Metchosin the crew of biologists, botanists, mycologists, entomologists, marine scientists and enthusiastic amateur sleuths identified more than 850 species. More than a quarter of these species had not been spotted at previous Metchosin Bioblitzes. And combined with other past bioblitzes in the district, almost 2,000 species have been identified in total! Come join us for one in our area!
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.