View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
MERRITT – Cancelled
- 10:00 am - 11:30 am
***Please note this event has been cancelled due to wildfires and associated evacuation orders in the area. Stay tuned for more details on our September and upcoming fall events.***
Harmon Lake Hike and Craft
Our next NatureKids day will be Saturday August 28 at Harmon Lake. We will be meeting at the parking lot next to the interpretive trail at 10am and will hike a loop to Secret Lake and back. Along the way we will have a fun scavenger hunt planned that will link to a super neat project (flower pounding: printing fabric with natural elements) for when we return to the interpretive theater site.
Here is a little teaser: Flower Pounding: Printing Fabric with Natural Elements – Garden Therapy
Please let us know if you plan on attending. We want to make sure we have enough materials for all.
Pack a lunch, sunscreen, bug spray, water etc.
Photo courtesy of BC Recreation Sites and Trails
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.