View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
November 17, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm PST
Into Winter: Family Walk
Beat the winter blues, make a date to get outside and into nature! Get your body moving for our next gathering on Saturday November 17 @ 10am. We will start our walk at Langley City’s City Park, make our way to Brydon Lagoon and back. This is a stroller friendly route. Joining us will be bird enthusiast Gareth Pugh, who will also be helping with the Christmas Bird Count for our December outing. You are welcome to join us for one or both of these events!
To register for the walk click here: https://form.jotform.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.