View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Rick Gee of the Central Okanagan Naturalists’ Club has again agreed to lead our group on a snowshoe adventure. We will explore the winter landscape while looking for animal tracks and learning about winter safety and survival. After we get back to the cabin, we will have a hot dog roast and marshmallows!
Please ensure to bring:
1. Donation to Nordic Centre for use of the facilities
2. Snowshoes (they are not available to rent at the site, please make arrangements before you come)
3. Dress warmly and according to the weather
4. Water (the cabin has not running water)
5. Optional snack to share with our hot dogs
Also, please note the different time than our usual Explorer Days!
Keep in mind as well, that it will take you longer than you think to get to the Nordic Centre. It is past the Big White turn-off on Hwy 33.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.