View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- 1:00 pm - 12:00 pm
Annual Overnight Camping Weekend
Join us for one of the most sought after and fun adventures of the year – our weekend overnight camping trip at Camp Arbuckle. There will be outdoor games, crafts, campfires, marshmallows and so much more! Full schedule below.
1:00 – As people arrive we will have outdoor games and swimming in the lake. Please eat lunch before you arrive, or bring one with you
3:00 – Check in to building, pick rooms and set up bedding.
4:00 – Themed craft
4:45 – Free Play in community room (dress-up, ping-pong, etc)
5:30 – Sit down together for dinner (meal plan to come, please let me know of any allergies/preferences)
6:30 – All help clean up dishes and eating area
7:00 – Themed outdoor game
8:00 – Camp Fire with marshmallows and songs
9:00 – Bedtime
7:30 – Breakfast
8:00 – Prepare picnic-style lunch to eat outside
8:30 – Pack up rooms and sweep dorm building
9:00 – All help clean up kitchen building
10:30 – Themed Outdoor Games
11:30 – Picnic Lunch
12:00 – Leave Site
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.