View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
November 17, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm PST
Now that the chill is in the air, many birds are leaving for warmer climates. Don’t you wish you could join them?
We will learn about birds that travel for the different seasons. From ducks and geese, to arctic terns and peregrine falcons; each one has a path it follows as the year progresses. How do they know where and when to go?
Location: Chichester Wetland Park, Rutland
What to Bring: Dress for the weather, pack a snack and water if you want it, and the camera!
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.