View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- This event has passed.
August 4, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm PDT
How many different species of plants and animals can we identify in one hour? We will begin with a lesson on how to identify plants down to genus and species using a dichotomous key, then we’ll each get a clipboard and some books for hints and get to work!
Cameras will be very helpful, since you can take a picture of something to bring to the group for help instead of taking the animal or plant out of its habitat. It will also likely be very hot so make sure to wear a hat and lots of sunscreen!
Location: Still Pond Park, Glenmore
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.