View a list of upcoming Explorer Days and read our Explorer Day Etiquette below!
In response to COVID-19, NatureKids BC is providing online resources and interactions, such as Virtual Explorer Days, to ensure the safety of our members. Please read our COVID-19 Guidelines and Policy for any potential in-person gatherings this summer.
- 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Bat Box Building
Join us to learn about bats and create homes for them.
Come on out to the Big Little Science Centre Sunday, March 31st at 10:30am to paint Bat Boxes that have been graciously donated to the club! Bring clothes that can get messy and bring a snack, if you like.
We will have Vanessa Robinson from BC Bats coming to chat with us about bat biology.
We need to know how many boxes we should have on hand (one per family) so please RSVP here.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Be prepared to HAVE FUN!
- Pre-registration with your Club Leader is required for most Explorer Days (Friends are welcome if space permits).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for passport stamping and organization. Starting times are firm, and Leaders cannot wait for late-comers!
- Please stay with the Leader and let them know if you are leaving early.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult guardian, who is responsible for their behaviour. Children consistently disrupting the experience of others may be asked to leave.
- Bring appropriate weather gear, sunscreen, snacks, water, and other useful tools like binoculars, sketch books, cameras, and magnifying glasses.